100 East B Street                                             
Casper, Wyoming 82601
PO Box 11010
Casper, Wyoming 82602

PHONE: 307-261-6250

FAX: 307-261-6245


HOURS: Monday- Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm

SERVICES: The Department of Housing and Urban Development is the federal agency responsible for addressing America’s housing needs such as providing housing assistance for the working poor, minorities, Native Americans, people with disabilities, people with AIDS, the elderly and the homeless. HUD also helps improve and develop communities, spur economic growth in distressed neighborhoods, help rehabilitate and develop moderate and low cost housing and enforce fair housing laws.

The primary programs of HUD include:

  • Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) to help communities with housing, economic development and job opportunities. CDBG funds can also be used to construct or improve public facilities, such as water, sewer, streets and neighborhoods.
  • Rental subsidies in the form of Section 8 choice vouchers for low-income households.
  • Subsidized public housing for low-income individuals and families.
  • Homeless assistance in a “continuum of care”, through local communities and nonprofit organizations by providing funds to help the homeless move from the streets to temporary shelter, to supportive housing and ultimately back to mainstream life.
  • HOME Investment Partnership Act block grant provides funds to develop and support affordable housing for low-income persons.
  • Preventing housing discrimination through public education and enforcement. HUD investigates and resolves complaints under the Fair Housing laws.
  • Mortgage and loan insurance through the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). FHA assists first-time buyers and others by providing mortgage insurance to private lenders. It also insures loans for home improvements and buying manufactured homes and assists in providing affordable rental housing by insuring loans to developers and builders who construct or rehabilitate apartments and other housing developments. HUD also administers a Housing Counseling Program to assist tenants and homeowners in property maintenance, financial management and other matters.

HUD provides funds to state and local governments and to nonprofit organizations. Customers do not apply directly to HUD but rather to the entities that administer these programs. For information on any HUD programs including a list of organizations that administer HUD programs in Wyoming, please contact Wyoming State HUD office or visit our web site.



Comments are closed.